Revised: March 15, 2022
We take your privacy seriously, and we want you to know how we collect, use, share, and protect your information when you use the Center For Family Psychiatry website, mobile app, and related sites and digital and online services (“CFFP Site“, the “Site,” or “Sites“) provided by Center For Family Psychiatry and all our affiliates (“CFFP” or “We” or “Us“).
What information we collect
Information you give us: We respect the right to privacy of all visitors to the CFFP Sites. We may receive and store some information that you enter on our Sites or that you provide to us through the Sites in any other way.
Information from third-party sources: We may also collect information about you from third-party sources, including any information you make publicly available on social media platforms or other online or offline resources, or when you give us consent to link your account to a third-party service or provider.
Information from you passively: We may collect internet or other electronic activity passively using tools such as but not limited to cookies, Google Analytics, Google Tags, Facebook Pixels, etc..
The information we may collect or that you provide on or through our Sites or by using our services includes:
- Data that may personally identify you, including your name, postal address, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, home, work and mobile telephone numbers, age, date of birth, social security number, insurance policy number, physical characteristics that may personally identify you, sexual orientation, IP address, bank account number, credit or debit card number (for payment purposes only), national origin, ancestry, veteran or military status, medical conditions, race, citizenship, information about any physical or mental disabilities you may have, information related to your religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions, information regarding your gender at birth and how you currently express your gender identity, information related to your sex life, such as pregnancy, child birth and related medical conditions, any history of criminal convictions, biometric information (such as fingerprints, exercise data, psychological characteristics, face prints, gait patterns, genetics, behavioral characteristics, voice, sleep data, and iris/retina scans), and genetic information (including familial genetic information) (collectively, “Personal Data“);
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Sites, such as appointment request forms or product ordering forms. It also includes information you provide when you register to use our Sites, purchase products, or use services available through the Sites or facilities. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Sites. Some forms collect sensitive information, such as health information, necessary for us to provide our services to you;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research, development, and marketing purposes; and
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Sites and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Sites.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “Posted“) on public areas of the Sites or transmitted to other users of the Sites or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are Posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Sites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information we may collect automatically: We may collect information about you automatically as you navigate through or use our Sites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, session replay and recording technology (recording your movements, clicks, etc. on our Sites), and information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels tags, and other tracking technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies (such as session replay and tracking technologies referred to above) to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, specifically:
- Usage Details. Details of your visits to our Sites, such as traffic data, location, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to or use of our Sites, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or in the Sites.
- Device Information. Information about your computer, mobile device, and Internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, browser type, and App version information.
- Location Data. Information about your location collected through Geolocation technology.
- Commercial information. Products or services purchased or viewed on our Site.
- Audio and visual information. Your videos, photos, graphics and text; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above. In order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitude.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain or associate information we collect with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- improve our product and services offering;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests; and
- recognize and/or authenticate you when you return to our Sites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Pixels and Web Beacons. Pages on our Sites, or our e-mails, may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Sites statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Sites content and verifying system and server integrity). For example, we use Tealium, Inc. (“Tealium”), to understand how users interact with our Sites. We use this information to assist us in improving our user experience.
- Facebook Pixel. We may use Facebook Pixel, a web analytics and advertising service provided by Facebook Inc. (“Facebook“) on our Platform. With its help, we and our customers can keep track of what users do after they see or click on a Facebook advertisement, keep track of users who access our Platform or advertisements from different devices, and better provide advertisements to our target audiences. The data from Facebook Pixel is also saved and processed by Facebook. Facebook can connect this data with your Facebook or Instagram account and use it for its own and others advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Policy which can be found at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Please click here if you would like to withdraw your consent for use of your data with Facebook Pixel https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads#_=_.
- Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals; although, we currently do not use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services for any purpose, including advertising.
Email communications, newsletter, and related services
Our Sites may provide you with the opportunity to receive communications from us or third parties. For example, to sign up for a free CFFP email newsletter. You can unsubscribe from such newsletters and communications at any time. You may use the unsubscribe mechanism or link in our marketing emails and communications if you wish to stop receiving marketing emails from us.
Email communications that you send to us via the email links on our Sites or forms that you fill on our Sites, may be shared with customer service representatives, service providers, technical contractors and sub contractors, employees, medical experts, or agents to address and manage your communication. We make every effort to respond in a timely fashion once communications are received – normally 1-3 business days. Note, that email communications that you send us via the email links on our Site are not automatically encrypted, and it is possible that unencrypted email communications with us may be accessed or viewed by another internet user while in transit to us.
We occasionally survey visitors to our site. The information from these surveys is used in aggregated, de-identified form to help us understand the needs of our visitors so that we can improve our site. The information may be shared with third parties with whom we have a business relationship. We generally do not ask for information in surveys that would personally identify you; if we do request contact information for follow-up, you may decline to provide it. If survey respondents provide personal information (such as an email address) in a survey, it is shared only with those people who need to see it to respond to the question or request, or with third parties who perform data management services for our site. Those third parties have agreed to keep all data from surveys confidential.
How we may use the information we collect
In addition to the uses described above, we may use the information we collect for things like:
- Optimizing the performance and user experience of our sites;
- Operating, evaluating, and improving our business;
- Providing healthcare services;
- Receiving, processing, confirming and fulfilling payments, co-payments, purchases, orders, and requests for products, services, or information on our Sites;
- Processing refunds from our Sites;
- Marketing and advertising products and services, including by inferring your interests from your interactions with our Sites and newsletters and tailoring advertisements, newsletters, and offers to you (both on our Sites and on other websites) based on your interactions with us in our Sites;
- Sending you email newsletters;
- Conducting research and analysis;
- Communicating with you about your account, special events, and surveys;
- Establishing and managing your accounts with us;
- Review and content creation purposes, including to enable reviews of our services and to display content that you have created and allowed us to display on our Site and on social media;
- Security and fraud prevention, including to protect the Site and services, our company, and others and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct; and,
- Legal and Other Requirements, including to comply with legal requirements or when necessary to provide to our lawyers, accountants or other advisors. We may also use your personal information for other purposes for which you have consented to. This may include for a secondary purpose that is related to a purpose for which we collected it, and for which you would reasonably expect us to use your information.
We may combine this information with any other information we have about you, including, if you are a CFFP patient, any PHI we have about you. If we combine this information with your PHI, we will treat all of that information as and will only use or disclose that information as set forth in our Notice of Privacy Practices.
We may, at our discretion, retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. You may request that we delete your data by contacting us as provided below. However, we may not be able to honor that request in all instances given the laws and regulations that apply to us. For example, under state and federal law, we may be required to maintain some data that is specific to you and that may identify you, such as your medical records or other information. We may also have a legal basis or obligation to maintain medical and other information about you to provide care and treatment or to comply with our professional, legal, and other obligations.
Disclosure of your information
We may share the information we collect about you with third parties who we have engaged to help us provide the Site, as well as the products and services available through our Site. In this regard, we may disclose your Personal Data to affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties (“Our Partners”) that we use to support our business. The services provided by these organizations include providing IT and infrastructure support services, advertising, marketing, and payment processing services. Advertising and marketing partners such as Facebook, Instagram, Google, and other advertising networks may receive and use your Personal Data to assist us with our advertising and marketing efforts. In each case, we will ensure that these third parties have agreed to safeguard your data. One or more of Our Partners may use a third-party ad network provider to help present advertisements on this website.
We may provide third parties with aggregate statistics about our visitors, traffic patterns, and related site information. These data reflect site-usage patterns gathered during visits to our website each month, but they do not contain information that personally identifies you unless you have given us permission to share that information.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by CFFP about our Sites users are among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent;
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property, or rights of our company or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law;
- to affiliates to market their products or services to you if you have purchased one of our products and if you have not opted out of these disclosures;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CFFP, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices about how we use and disclose your information
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created or you have available mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers from CFFP. If you do not wish to have your email address used by us to promote our own products and services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to CFFP as a result of a product purchase or your use of our services. If you wish to opt-out of such sharing, please email us at email@example.com.
- Disclosure of Your Information to Affiliates. By purchasing our products, you consent to our sharing of your Personal Data with our affiliates for their promotional purposes. If you wish to unsubscribe from such affiliate promotions, you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from them. If you wish to opt-out of such sharing, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Targeted Advertising. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org). Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be based on your online activity. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the on its website.
Your rights regarding your information and accessing and correcting your information
For non-patient information, you can Contact Us through the Contact Information below to access and/or find out what information we have about you and to correct that information. You can also review and change your Personal Data by logging into our site and visiting either the Settings or Account Preferences sections. You may also notify us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible or to delete your account. We cannot completely delete your personal information except by also deleting your account with us. We may not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or if we have a legal basis or obligation to maintain it, or if it would cause the information to be incorrect.
If you are a patient of CFFP, you can access the patient-related information that we maintain about you by calling us at the number provided on this website. You also can request a correction to your patient information by calling us at the number provided on this website. Your requests will be subject to our compliance with the data maintenance requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other federal and state law.
Whether you are visiting the CFFP Site or our clinic location, we use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information under our control, and we appropriately limit access to it. We use a variety of information security measures to protect your online transactions with us. The CFFP Site uses encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. protects information you submit via our website, such as ordering information including your name, address, and credit card number. That being said, CFFP cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Further, we rely on third party service providers (such as Jotform) and payment processors (such as Stripe), collect and process your requests. While these are reputable firms and have expressed their commitments to keep your data secure, we are not in a position to guarantee the safety of your data processed by our service providers and payment processors. While we have taken reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personally identifiable information that you may provide, you should understand that electronic transmissions via the internet are not necessarily secure from interception, and so we cannot absolutely guarantee the security or confidentiality of such transmissions.
Processing in the United States
Our Sites at this time are intended for audiences in USA only. We do not provide services nor assurances to any users outside the USA. Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store all information in the United States. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using our Sites or services, you are agreeing that the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
Protecting children’s privacy
Our Sites are not intended for users under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or through the Sites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from users under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on or in our Sites or on or through any of their features, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a user under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a user under 18, please contact us at the contact information below.
Our Patient Online Services is available to patients 18 years of age and older. It is also available to patients who are between the ages of 13 years old and 17 years old with the permission of their parents or legal guardians.
Links to other websites
If you have a question or concern regarding your privacy, please contact CFFP using the contact information below:
Center For Family Psychiatry
1235 Industrial Dr,
Saline, MI 48176
Phone: (734) 944-8300